Lorry overturns and pulls down power cables on A14 near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A14 near Bury St Edmunds was closed for more than six hours after a lorry overturned and pulled down power cables.
The incident took place on the A14 westbound between junction 45 and junction 44 near Hillside Business Park just outside Bury St Edmunds around 9.25pm last night.
Firefighters – from Bury St Edmunds and Elmswell – attended to free the trapped driver from his cab but had to wait until UK Power Networks had switched off the power.
The driver suffered minor injuries and no-one else was injured in the incident.
The road reopened around 4am and there are currently no delays.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said: “Combined fire control received a call about a HGV that had come off the road, was on its side and under high voltage cables.
“Three appliances were dispatched who worked to free a casualty with minor injuries. UK Power Networks also attended to isolate the power.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side