Lorry sought after hit and run crash on A14 in Stowupland
- Credit: citizenside.com
The driver of a lorry is being asked to come forward following reports that they left the scene after colliding with a car on the A14 at Stowupland this afternoon.
Suffolk police received a call shortly after 3.15pm from a male driver reporting that he had been involved in a collision with a white and yellow articulated lorry on the eastbound carriageway, but that the driver had failed to stop.
The man was driving a blue Ford Fiesta, which collided with the central reservation during the incident.
The accident is partially blocking the eastbound carriageway.
An ambulance has been sent to the scene as a precaution, but the man is not thought to have been injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews are also in attendance and a rolling road block will remain in place until the car has been recovered.
Police are treating it as a hit and run incident and are appealing for any witnesses to the accident or anyone who may have information on the lorry and its driver to call them on 101 quoting reference CAD 263.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex