Lorry trailer fire in Bury St Edmunds extinguished
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An alight lorry trailer in Bury St Edmunds was extinguished by firefighters this afternoon.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze, in Fornham Road, at 12.30pm.
One crew from Bury St Edmunds and one from Haverhill, who at the time of call were at Bury St Edmunds, were both mobilised to the above incident.
Crews arrived on scene and requested the assistance of a further appliance. Control then sent on a further pump from Bury St Edmunds.
Firefighters used two hose reels, two 45ml jets, small tools and an electric saw to fight the blaze and the incident was under control by 2.24pm.
Fire crews left the scene at about 3pm.
- 1 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase