Lorry trailer fire in Bury St Edmunds extinguished
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An alight lorry trailer in Bury St Edmunds was extinguished by firefighters this afternoon.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze, in Fornham Road, at 12.30pm.
One crew from Bury St Edmunds and one from Haverhill, who at the time of call were at Bury St Edmunds, were both mobilised to the above incident.
Crews arrived on scene and requested the assistance of a further appliance. Control then sent on a further pump from Bury St Edmunds.
Firefighters used two hose reels, two 45ml jets, small tools and an electric saw to fight the blaze and the incident was under control by 2.24pm.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews left the scene at about 3pm.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel