Bascule bridge reopens after second technical fault in four days
- Credit: ADRIAN NOWELL
The Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft has reopened after a technical issue kept it raised for the second time in a week.
Highways England reported on Twitter this morning that they were working to fix the issue as soon as possibly but that there was no time frame for it re-opening.
However, the bridge was eventually lowered before 9.30am on Sunday morning (November 17).
It was the second time that the bridge has closed in four days following technical issues.
A diversion route had to be put in place on Thursday after hydraulics problems meant that Highways England engineers were unable to lower the bridge.
It remained closed all of Thursday morning, finally opening just before 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The bridge is currently undergoing maintanence and is closed nightly from 8pm until 6am. Work is scheduled to finish on November 24.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton