Lowestoft: Blaze breaks out in engine of boat
- Credit: Archant
A FIRE broke out in the engine of a boat moored alongside Lowestoft harbour.
The blaze broke out shortly before 5.30am.
Four fire crews from Lowestoft South and Lowestoft North stations, with a support vehicle from Beccles, were sent to the scene in Battery Green Road to tackle the flames.
Firefighters discovered the fire in the engine room of a 97 tonnes training vessel, measuring 27 metres and comprising of three decks.
Crews isolated the fire in the engine compartment beforesending four firefighters in to tackle the flaes with two foam hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was brought under control by 6.50am.
A spokesman for the fire service said an insepction fo the fire area has taken place with the ship’s captain and control of the vessel has now been handed back to the captain.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- If you spot an incident call the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org