Lowestoft: Blundeston Prison inmates break free onto workshop roof
Two Blundeston Prison inmates broke free from guards and spent hours on the roof of a workshop building this afternoon.
The pair escaped supervision at 2.15pm were reportedly wielding scaffolding poles.
At the time of the incident, a spokesperson from the Prison Service said: “There is an ongoing incident at height at HMP Blundeston.
“Two prisoners gained access to a workshop roof at 2.15pm this afternoon.
“Specialist staff are at the scene working to bring the situation to a safe conclusion.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair came down at approximately 6.25pm and neither the prisoners, prison staff or officers working on their surrender were harmed.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo