Lowestoft: CCTV images released of the moments a man in his mid-60s was assaulted and robbed in the street
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of the moments a man in his mid-60s was assaulted and robbed in a Lowestoft street.
The violent incident took place on Bevan Street West close to the junction with Katwijk Way last Friday October 4 at around 9.45am.
The 67-year-old victim was outside business premises when he was approached by a man, thought to be aged in his late teens to late 20s, who was brandishing a weapon, now thought to be a baton.
He struck the 67-year-old several times while trying to steal a bag he was carrying. A scuffle ensued before the offender fled, without the bag, cycling away on a grey bike towards Stanley Street. However, a set of keys that had fallen to the ground in the altercation were grabbed and stolen by the robber.
The older man was taken to the James Paget hospital where he was found to have three breaks to his hand and severe bruising to his arms and body.
You may also want to watch:
Since the original media appeal on Friday detectives have been contacted by a number of people who were in the area at the time and who saw the man. Officers are thanking them for coming forward but still need to speak to anyone who may have information about who the offender is.
They have released the CCTV images in a further bid to try and identify the attacker, who was wearing a grey tracksuit with a hood that was up and pulled tightly around his face, and a grey gillet over the top of the tracksuit.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
Anyone with information should call Lowestoft CID by dialling 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.