Lowestoft: Cyclist injured following collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been taken to hospital following a collision with a car in Lowestoft this afternoon.
The cyclist, a woman believed to be in her 40s, suffered head injuries during the incident in Kirkley Cliff Road at about 4.30pm, and police did not re-open the road until 7.42pm.
The victim’s condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
The road has been closed near to Kensington Gardens until further notice while police carry out their investigations.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the collision was reported shortly after 4.30pm and an ambulance attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “A woman in her 40s was taken to James Paget University Hospital. Her condition is not believed to be life-threatening.”
A Suffolk police spokesman said the emergency call was received at 4.40pm.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors