Lowestoft: Fears for missing woman, 53
POLICE are appealing for help in tracing a 53-year-old woman who was reported missing yesterday evening.
A number of items belonging to Charlotte Van Emst, including bags and medication, were found in the garden of a home in Monckton Crescent in Lowestoft yesterday.
Police began to make inquiries into who they belonged to and why they had been left there and determined Ms Van Emst had not been seen since Thursday, when she called at an address in Monckton Crescent around 7.30pm before leaving.
Ms Van Emst is known to travel the country and officers are currently contacting friends and relatives to see if they know where she is, but there is concern for her well-being, particularly as her medication has been left behind, and police are asking anyone who may have seen her to get in touch.
Ms Van Emst - who is described as white, of medium build, with straight brown shoulder length hair, and was wearing a dark brown sheepskin waistcoat and knee length boots when last seen - is also known to have a number of friends in the Lowestoft and Beccles area who she stays with and officers are asking anyone who may know where she is now to call.
You may also want to watch:
If you have seen her since Thursday or have any information about where she is please contact the duty sergeant at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return