Lowestoft: Four taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning following leak in Wharfedale

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Four people have been taken to hospital following a carbon monoxide leak in Lowestoft.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue received reports of the leak at a property in Wharfedale shortly before 2am.

Two crews from the town arrived to find four people suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters isolated the gas supply and ventilated the property, returning to base by 2.30am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus