Lowestoft: Hotel evacuated after bedroom fire
A LOWESTOFT hotel was evacuated last night after a fire broke out in a bedroom.
Guests were forced to leave the Premier Inn in Yarmouth Road after the blaze broke out just after 9.30pm.
Three crews – two from Lowestoft South fire station and one from Lowestoft North – were called to the scene and arrived to find one of the rooms smoke-logged. Firefighters donned breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze.
Guests and staff were all able to leave the building safely and no-one was injured.
A Suffolk fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire had been traced to a fuse-box in a bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel, which is part of the national Premier Inn chain, was close to full at the time of the blaze and arrangements were made to find alternative accommodation for guests last night.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth