Lowestoft lifeboat rescue
A LIFEBOAT crew has rescued someone from the Suffolk coast today.
A LIFEBOAT crew has rescued a man from the Suffolk coast today.
At just before 6pm emergency services were called to reports of a 20-year-old man in the sea off Lowestoft's south pier who was in difficulties.
He had first been spotted on the pier, a popular crabbing spot, before falling into the sea where he was bashed against rocks.
The Spirit of Lowestoft lifeboat was dispatched to help him and bring him to shore.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service then took the man, who suffered bad cuts, to hospital.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season