Lowestoft: Man appears in court in connection with acid attack on woman in her 20s
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man charged with throwing acid in the face of a woman in her 20s has been remanded in custody following an appearance at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Leon Thompson, of Alma Road, Lowestoft, wore a blue jumper and jogging bottoms in court and spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
The hearing was related to an incident in London Road South, Pakefield, at 8.20am on Thursday when police were informed that a woman had suffered serious facial injuries after having a corrosive liquid squirted in her face from a bottle.
Thompson, 38, was arrested in connection with the incident and charged with throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to disfigure and cause grievous bodily harm.
Thompson did not enter a plea and has been remanded in custody and will appear at Ipswich Crown Court on August 26. He is also due to appear at Lowestoft Magistrates’ Court on August 21 in connection with separate theft offences.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a 25-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm remains in custody at the Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth