Lowestoft: Man attacked for rucksack as he walked through alleyway
A 45-year-old man has sustained a possible broken nose following an attempted robbery in Lowestoft.
The crime happened in an alleyway at Florence Terrace, off St John’s Road, around 6.40pm – 6.50pm yesterday.
The man had crossed Mill Road and turned left into the alleyway that leads towards Florence Terrace when he saw two teenage boys walking towards him.
As they approached one of the boys demanded his rucksack. When the man refused he was pushed backwards and fell to the ground. It is thought an attempt was made to take the rucksack before the two fled.
The victim sustained a cut to his nose and was checked over by ambulance personnel who believe his nose may have been broken.
You may also want to watch:
Both males are thought to be in their early to mid-teens with one described as white, around 5ft 3ins – 5ft 4ins tall, of slim build, who wore a hooded top, possibly dark blue in colour.
The other male is white, around 5ft 8ins or 5ft 9ins tall, of stockier build, wearing a grey coloured tracksuit top with the hood up.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.