Lowestoft man appears in court on firearms charges
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested after a Lowestoft estate was evacuated by police has appeared in court charged with firearms offences.
Clinton Hicks, 59, of Normanshurst Close, Lowestoft appeared at Ipswich Magistrates' Court on Saturday only to confirm his name and address.
Hicks was charged on Friday, August 2 with suspicion of a possession of a firearm.
He had previously been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences but the Metropolitan Police confirmed this morning that no further action would be taken in relation to this arrest.
No application for bail was made at the hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Hicks was remanded in custody and will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on September 2.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure