Lowestoft man denies groping 13-year-old 40 years ago
- Credit: Archant
A 71-year-old Suffolk man accused of sexually assaulting a schoolgirl more than 40 years ago threatened to continue the abuse if she told anyone about it, it has been alleged.
Anthony McDonald allegedly had a “fascination” for the 13-year-old girl’s breasts and groped her on about 20 occasions, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Peter Clark, prosecuting, said McDonald was 30 at the time of the alleged offences, and allegedly threatened he would “do it again and again” if she told anyone and said he would deny it.
Mr Clark said the alleged victim, who had lived in Lowestoft, kept the alleged offences a secret but had eventually told her mother and her husband and the police became involved last year.
Mconald, of Dutchman Court, Beccles Road, Lowestoft, has denied five offences of indecent assault and two of gross indecency with a child.
You may also want to watch:
The offences are alleged to have been committed between August 1976 and August 1979.
The court has heard that McDonald was interviewed by the police about the allegations in February last year and denied them.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
The trial continues.