Lowestoft man ‘hit car passenger with beer bottle’ court hears
A front seat passenger in a car was left bleeding from a cut to the back of her head after she was hit with a beer bottle by a man who was sitting behind her, it has been alleged.
Annie Macrae, who had been to a party in Beccles, was in a car being driven back to Lowestoft by a friend when she was allegedly assaulted by Jamie Hitcham, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Hitcham, who was sitting in the back of the car, had allegedly been “difficult” during the journey and had been pulling Miss Macrae’s hair and poking her in the ribs, said Nicola May, prosecuting.
He had then picked up a beer bottle and Miss Macrae felt a sharp blow on the back of her head and realised she was bleeding.
She was later found to have a 2cm cut which was glued by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Hitcham, 29, of Barley Court, Lowestoft has denied assaulting Miss Macrae causing her actual bodily harm on February 18.
After his arrest Hitcham claimed Miss Macrae was aggressive towards him and denied assaulting her.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
The case continues.