Lowestoft: Man jailed for dealing crack cocaine
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has today been jailed for 28 months dealing crack cocaine.
Mitchell Martin, formerly of the Kirkley and Pakefield area of Lowestoft, was arrested after police executed a warrant at an address in Kendal Road on August 1 last year.
Officers from the Lowestoft-based Territorial Support Team attended the property and detained the 46-year-old who was holding a rock of crack cocaine in his hand, with more found in the pocket of his jeans.
Scales, mobile phones, more crack cocaine and other items associated with drug dealing were also seized.
Messages relating to the supply of drugs were found on the phones and he was charged with possession of crack cocaine with intent to supply and supplying crack cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
After pleading guilty at Ipswich Crown Court on April 19, he was sentenced to two years and four months.
Pc Darren Benford-Brown said: “From our investigation it became clear that Martin had a role in supplying crack cocaine in Lowestoft and was beginning to build a client base when we carried out the warrant.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“He is one of a number of Lowestoft dealers who have recently been jailed by the courts and the sentence sends a message that anyone involved in the supply of class A drugs faces a term of imprisonment.
“We will continue to work to catch those who are dealing as this is often linked to other crimes committed in the town.”