Lowestoft: Police hunt for man who made inappropriate remarks to 16-year-old girl in Hawthorn Avenue
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to trace a man after a 16-year-old girl was approached in Hawthorn Avenue, Lowestoft.
At around 2.05pm last Thursday the girl was walking along when a silver/blue vehicle approached her and the driver asked her for directions.
He engaged her in conversation and then made inappropriate remarks and grabbed her hand.
The man is described as white, around 40-years-old, of big build, with short cropped medium brown hair, of average height and wearing a chequered, possibly blue, long-sleeved shirt.
It is also believed a woman with long brown hair and in a wheelchair was in the back of the vehicle.
This follows an incident which took place on Thursday, October 2 at 3pm in Homefield Avenue.
A woman was walking along when a silver people carrier pulled up alongside her. The male driver asked for directions before making inappropriate remarks.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 5 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 6 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 7 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 8 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 9 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
The driver is described as white, of stocky build, aged from mid-20s to 30, with brown eyes, with a round face, dark hair swept back on top and short at the sides.
It is thought a woman was in the back of the people carrier and she is described as around 20-year-old and as having brown hair.
If you have any information about either incident, please call Pc Rachel Presnail at Lowestoft Police Station on 101.