Lowestoft: Police probe robbery link
POLICE in Lowestoft are investigating a robbery and attempted robbery of two teenagers in the early hours of Saturday which may have been committed by the same offenders.
The first robbery happened in Hollingsworth Road between midnight and 12.15am when a 15-year-old boy was walking home south along the road and was on his iPhone when he was approached by two males.
One of the men spoke to the teenager and then assaulted him by punching him to the head.
He then stole the 15-year-old’s iPhone before walking away. The teenager suffered soreness to his head.
The robber was white, of stocky build and in his late teens to early 20s and the other man with him was black and in his late teens to mid 20s.
You may also want to watch:
The attempted robbery happened in the Hill Road/Halcyon Crescent area between 1am and 1.20am.
An 18-year-old man had just passed the entrance to the alleyway that joins Hill Road and Love Road when he was pulled to the ground. He then saw a black male wearing dark clothing and another male.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 6 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
He was told to hand over his bag and assaulted but refused to hand it over and the two offenders made off.
The 18-year-old suffered a graze to his face and soreness.
Police believe the robbery and attempted robbery are linked and also suspect that another robbery in Lowestoft’s Yeovil Road on the night of Wednesday, October 17 when a teenager was approached by two men, one white and the other black, who took his rucksack and wallet, keys and iPhone.
Anyone with information about the robberies should call Lowestoft CID on 101.