Lowestoft: Police seize sound equipment after illegal rave
POLICE officers seized sound equipment after a rave in a Suffolk village in the early hours of today.
Officers out on patrol discovered a number of vehicles and people in a field off Border Lane in Ashby near Lowestoft at about 3.15am.
They blocked off the routes that were being used to enter the site, where about 100 people had gathered, to try and break up the event.
Several members of the public reported noise coming from the site.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said just after 9.30am, police went back to the site, seizing a large quantity of sound equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The area was clear by 10.15am and inquiries into the incident are ongoing.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk