Lowestoft: Police want to trace man who threw bricks at woman and assaulted 4x4 driver
- Credit: Archant
A man sustained a broken leg and a head injury after being assaulted by a man who had earlier thrown bricks at a woman.
In an incident in Links Car Park in Lowestoft around 12.15pm yesterday A man and a woman were seen arguing next to a white Transit van.
The man described as white, around 35-years-old, 6ft tall, of athletic build, with short dark hair and wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt, was then seen to throw bricks at the woman as she left the car park.
When she returned to him he assaulted her, causing her to fall to the ground.
Witnesses called police but moments later a 4x4 drove into the car park and a man got out. The first man ran away but returned and then assaulted the driver of the 4x4.
Another man, driving a red van, then arrived and pulled the first man off the driver of the 4x4 who was taken to the James Paget hospital with a broken leg and a head injury.
The first man then drove off with the woman in the white Transit, thought to be a 2001/02 model. It is believed there were three children aged between four and 13 in the van as well.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 4 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 5 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 9 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
The woman is described as white, in her early to mid-30s, of medium to chubby build, around 5ft to 5ft 2in tall, with short dark hair and wearing a multi-coloured skirt.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who was in the area at the time who may have witnessed the event.
If you recognise the description of the couple who were arguing or if you have any information about this incident, please call Dc Lee Millard at Lowestoft CID on 101.