Lowestoft: Resident taken to hospital after gas leak

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

A GAS leak from a cooker led to one resident being taken to hospital in Lowestoft.

Fire crews were called to reports of a gas leak at a house in Southwell Road, Lowestoft at 12.14pm.

Crews arrived on the scene at 12.19pm to find the gas leak was from a cooker. Firefighters isolated the leak and ventilated the house.

The resident of the property was taken to hospital by ambulance suffering with the effects of gas inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus