Lowestoft: Second stabbing in town in 24 hours
A MAN was taken to hospital today after being stabbed in the back with a knife in Lowestoft.
The victim was attacked Trafalgar Street around 12.50am.
It was the second stabbing in the town in 24 hours.
A 16-year-old boy was stabbed in the back in Oulton Road around 3am on Saturday morning. Police arrested two men - one on suspicion of attempted murder - shortly afterwards.
The boy was taken to hospital, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Following this morning’s incident a 49-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and is currently being detained at Lowestoft police station.
The 51-year-old victim was taken to James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the man also had cuts and grazes to his face. However, his condition was not thought to be life-threatening.