Teenage girl sexually assaulted after becoming separated from friends
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a teenager reported being sexually assaulted in Lowestoft.
The incident occurred between 10.15pm and 10.30pm on Saturday night in Crown Meadow Walk, near Lowestoft Town Football Club.
The victim, a 16-year-old girl, was walking with some friends when she became separated from the group. Shortly after this, she was touched on the leg by a man walking behind her and when she turned around he sexually assaulted her. She managed to push him away and then ran off and contacted her friends.
The suspect is described as white, of slim build and with facial stubble. He was wearing a baggy hooded top with the hood up and grey tracksuit bottoms.
Detectives would like to hear from anyone who was in the area between 10pm and 10.30pm on Saturday and who may have seen a man matching the above description.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this attack is asked to contact the East Safeguarding Unit in Lowestoft on 101 quoting reference 27335/18. Alternatively call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England