Lowestoft: Shock knife attack on Betfred staff in London Road North as bookmakers robbed last night
- Credit: Archant
A man was attacked with a knife last night as a woman robbed a Lowestoft bookmakers.
It happened last night at around 8.25pm when the offender entered the shop in London Road North believed to be run by Betfred.
She asked a member of staff for help with a gambling machine and when he came out from behind the counter she pulled out a large knife.
As the man went to run away he fell to the floor where he was attacked by the woman with the knife which caused a deep cut to his face.
Two customers left the shop and one tried to call the police, but a man outside snatched the phone from him.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the woman took some cash from the shop and ran off with this man towards Clapham Road South.
The employee who was attacked was first taken to the James Paget Hospital and later transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal
A police search was unable to trace either the man or the woman and they are now appealing for information which could help find or identify them.
The woman is described as white, of large build, short in stature and wearing a beige baseball cap, dark coloured hooded top, jeans and trainers.
The man is described as being of oriental appearance in his mid 20s, wearing dark clothing.
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and saw these two people either before or after the robbery, or from anyone who may recognise them from their descriptions.
Calls should be made to Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting LO/14/5316 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A Betfred spokesman said: “The safety of our staff and customers is paramount and we are working with the police.”