Lowestoft/Southwold: Dad’s moving tribute to daughter Shannley Leaver who died in A12 tragedy
- Credit: Archant
An outgoing schoolgirl killed in a crash on the A12 has left a hole in many people’s lives, her devastated father has said.
Shannley Leaver, 15, was a back-seat passenger in a Citroen Saxo which was in a collision with a Peugeot 106 near Frostenden, between Lowestoft and Southwold.
The Lynn Grove High School pupil, who lived in Gorleston, with her parents Shaun Leaver and Allison Stone and 17-year-old brother Connor, died at the scene on October 8.
“She was outgoing but also very shy when it came to new people,” said Mr Leaver, 42.
“She just loved life, I think, but hated school. I think the only reason she went was to see her friends, and she had a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
On the night she died she had been with her friends to Ipswich, where the 18-year-old driver had been to pick up some car parts.
Mr Leaver did not learn of his daughter’s death until the next day when Miss Stone called as he was working on an offshore rig in Hartlepool.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
He said he has been overwhelmed by tributes from Shannley’s friends. who compiled a book of memories, and a wall of remembrance, while around 150 people went to a balloon and lantern release.
In a tribute, her family said: “We will miss you with all our hearts, princess.”
The crash also killed the Peugeot driver, Ronald Gates, 55, from Knodishall.
His passenger and two of the Citroen passengers are now out of hospital. The Citroen driver, an 18-year-old man, is in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
Police inquiries into the crash continue.
Shannley’s funeral will be at Gorleston Crematorium on Thursday at 11.20am.