Man charged with attempted murder after woman receives serious head injury
- Credit: Archant
A 59-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder following an incident on Monday.
Suffolk police were called to Victoria Road in Lowestoft just after 11.35pm to reports that a woman had been attacked inside a property.
Officers found a woman in her 30s had suffered a serious head injury. She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she remains in a critical condition.
Stephen Crush from Lowestoft was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
On Tuesday, September 10 Crush was charged with attempted murder and will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday, September 11.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference 54560/17.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside