Lucky Wivenhoe pair scoop £25k each in lottery win
- Credit: Archant
Two people in Wivenhoe are celebrating after scooping £25,000 each in the People’s Postcode Lottery.
They both won when their postcode, CO7 9QZ was drawn as a winner on Saturday.
Julia Scarrott, 58, was presented with her cheque by lottery presenter and rugby legend Scott Quinnell.
The teacher and mum-of-two said: “I still can’t believe it.I have some ideas for the money but they’re not very exciting.
“I need new doors and carpets and a new cooker.”
The mum of two added: “My daughter and her husband and baby are over from New Zealand to celebrate Christmas all together.
“My sister is hosting but she joked that now I’ve won this money I should be doing it. Luckily, I managed to convince her otherwise.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 6 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 7 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 8 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 9 Strike threat could leave East Suffolk bins overflowing
- 10 Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town: Harness wins it as Blues stand firm
“I don’t usually enjoy Christmas as I means getting into debt but this year will be much better.
“I’m going out for dinner and drinks this week to properly celebrate. I would like to treat myself but I need to be careful as I know I can spend money far too easily.”
A second winner was not at home when the team called to present a cheque, but will have the money transferred into their account.
Mr Quinnell said: “Julia was thrilled with her winnings and I hope she has a great Christmas with the money. Our second winner will have a surprise in store soon.”