Lucky Wivenhoe pair scoop £25k each in lottery win
- Credit: Archant
Two people in Wivenhoe are celebrating after scooping £25,000 each in the People’s Postcode Lottery.
They both won when their postcode, CO7 9QZ was drawn as a winner on Saturday.
Julia Scarrott, 58, was presented with her cheque by lottery presenter and rugby legend Scott Quinnell.
The teacher and mum-of-two said: “I still can’t believe it.I have some ideas for the money but they’re not very exciting.
“I need new doors and carpets and a new cooker.”
You may also want to watch:
The mum of two added: “My daughter and her husband and baby are over from New Zealand to celebrate Christmas all together.
“My sister is hosting but she joked that now I’ve won this money I should be doing it. Luckily, I managed to convince her otherwise.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
“I don’t usually enjoy Christmas as I means getting into debt but this year will be much better.
“I’m going out for dinner and drinks this week to properly celebrate. I would like to treat myself but I need to be careful as I know I can spend money far too easily.”
A second winner was not at home when the team called to present a cheque, but will have the money transferred into their account.
Mr Quinnell said: “Julia was thrilled with her winnings and I hope she has a great Christmas with the money. Our second winner will have a surprise in store soon.”