Hundreds raised at charity event for Teenage Cancer Trust
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich teenager who is fighting an extremely rare former of cancer joined in an event to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Luxurious Nail and Beauty in Tower Street hosted the fundraiser on Saturday evening, March 10, to raise money.
Harrison Farrow, who was diagnosed with plasmablastic non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma last year, attended the evening with his family and girlfriend Fi.
Local singer Roma Nicholson, 13, who has become renowned in the town for her charity work, provided the evening’s entertainment.
Those attending were asked to donate £5 to the charity which has provided support to Harrison and his family.
Store manager Sharon Bird, who organised the event after hearing Harrison’s story, said: “The event went really well. It was a lovely evening.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve raised £406 so far, but would still like to raise more.”
A crowdfunding page has been created to raise further funds for the charity, which can be found here.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 9 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets