M25: Motorway havoc as escaped horse is killed
M25: Drivers face long delays today after a horse was killed in a collision with a car.
The accident happened at around 10.20am when a horsebox overturned on the M25 at Great Warley, blocking the clockwise carriageway between junctions 29 for Romford and 30 for Lakeside.
A horse escaped the crash onto the road but was then struck by another vehicle.
A vet was called to look at the horse which was badly injured with a broken leg and heavy bleeding.
An equine vet was then called and the horse was put down at around 10.50am. The road was still closed in both directions an hour later as the horse’s body was removed.
You may also want to watch:
The accident caused severe hold-ups and congestion stretching back as far as the A12 junction at Brook Street Roundabout.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine