M6: Toll road closed as police search coach in counter terrorism incident
A SERIOUS counter terrorism incident has forced the closure of the M6 toll road in Staffordshire.
The road is currently blocked in both directions between juntion T4 at Weeford Island and junction T3 at Tamworth because of the police incident.
A diversion is currently in operation.
Sky News are reporting it is a counter terrorism incident.
It is understood a coach is being searched as part of the operation.
Police have said the incident is unrelated to the arrest of six people in London on terrorism charges earlier today.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 7 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches