Stowmarket pub hosts ultimate gin festival
- Credit: JENNY COBB
The Magpie Inn at Combs Ford was transformed into a gin lover’s paradise over bank holiday weekend – with more than 230 varieties on offer.
The pub’s second annual gin festival offered a range of spirits, tonic, mixers and garnishes to try – with a special karaoke session on Sunday night “packed with enthusiastic singers”.
Since refurbishing its sports bar last year and introducing Stowmarket’s first ‘Gin Palace’, The Magpie Inn has increased its range of gins to over 230 different varieties.
Publicans Malcolm and Jenny Cobb took over The Magpie Inn in 2013.
Mr Cobb said: “It was very busy thanks to the hot weather we had, the garden was full most of the days and we got through a lot of gin.
“We will continue to keep the range up throughout the year and we are looking forward to the World Gin Day on June 9 when we hope to see all the new gin lovers again.”
- 1 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 8 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 9 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight