Majestic wine shops to stay open as ‘essential retailers’ in lockdown
- Credit: Archant
Majestic says it intends to keep its wine shops open during the second coronavirus lockdown - thanks to its status as an “essential retailer”.
John Colley, chief executive of the firm which has branches in Ipswich, Colchester, Sudbury, Newmarket and Braintree, emailed customers on Monday to say: “Following the announcement of a second national lockdown on November 5, I want to reassure you that our intention is to remain open in England beyond this date.”
He said that was “in line with our position across both Wales and Scotland, where our stores have also remained open as ane essential retailer under local measures”.
However, he urged customers to “please work with us to keep each other safe” by complying with stores’ Covid-secure measures, which include the wearing of face masks and limits on the number of people allowed inside.
He also said online and store delivery services are fully operational, with priority services for NHS staff and key workers.
You may also want to watch:
The firm also Tweeted on Monday: “Majestic stores in England, Wales and Scotland will stay open past November 5 in line with our status as an essential retailer.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock