Major disruption on Greater Anglia train services due to speed restriction at Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Major disruption is expected on Greater Anglia rail services until this evening due to a speed restriction imposed over a section of track at Ilford.
Train services running through this station may be cancelled, delayed by up to 15 minutes or revised, according to the Greater Anglia.
Trains to Southend Victoria, Colchester, Clacton, Ipswich and Norwich are incurring delays up to 15 minutes – in both the London and Shenfield-bound directions.
A train shuttle service is running between Witham and Braintree, and some Norwich to London Liverpool Street services will be terminating and restarting at Colchester.
Greater Anglia says to reduce the impact of severe congestion during the busy evening peak period, a number of train services will be altered, or cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail engineers were looking at options to make a temporary repair, before the evening peak, but the time frame to complete the work would not be enough to complete the work before 4pm. Full repairs will now be carried out overnight.
Disruption is expected until 8pm.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 4 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 5 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 6 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
Both Greater Anglia and Network Rail have apologised to passengers who have had their journey affected by the disruption.