Major search under way as 75-year-old man goes missing on family walk along beach
- Credit: Archant
A major search operation is underway for a 75-year-old man who went missing while out on a family walk on an East Anglian beach yesterday evening.
Emergency services were called yesterday to reports the man, who was last seen at around 5.10pm, had gone missing on Brancaster Beach in Norfolk, heading towards Titchwell.
HM Coastguard initially sent the Hunstanton and Wells Coastguard Rescue Teams along with the lifeboat from Hunstanton.
The search and rescue helicopter was sent from Humberside to join the search.
Officers from Norfolk Police have also joined the operation.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Grebby, from HM Coastguard, said: “An extensive search was carried out across the Brancaster and Titchwell area overnight.
“The coastguard rescue teams searched the land and sea front while the lifeboat took on inlets and creeks and the helicopter shoreline and creeks.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
“At just before 2am today that search was suspended but is now under way again.’
Norfolk Police and the coastguard rescue teams, along with the Wells inshore lifeboat, are now continuing the search for the missing man.