Maldon: Man dies after crash on A414 - police name him as Michael Post
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Police have released the name of a man who died after a crash in Maldon.
At about 7.45pm last night a head-on collision occurred between a blue Renault Clio and a blue BMW 320 on the A414 by-pass.
The male driver of the Clio, a local 17-year-old man, and a man and woman in their 60s, in the BMW were all taken to Broomfield Hospital by ambulance with serious injuries.
The male driver of the BMW, Michael Post, 67, from the Maldon area, later died of his injuries. The other casualties remain in hospital.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene of the incident at 7.53pm, with two appliances from Maldon attending.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were trapped in their vehicles and crews used specialist cutting equipment to release the casualties by 8.51pm.
The road was closed to secure and preserve evidence while officers investigated the crash.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 8 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Police from the serious collision investigation unit are now appealing for witnesses following the fatal crash.
Anyone who was in the area at the time with any information is asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit on 101 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org