Maldon pair arrested in Suffolk police investigation into string of ram raids
- Credit: Archant
Police in Suffolk have arrested a pair from Essex in connection with five ram raids at convenience shops.
A 29-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman, both from the Maldon area of Essex, were arrested on suspicion of burglary yesterday, in connection with five recent ram raids.
The five they were arrested in connection with were:
• The Co-op in The Street, Rickinghall, on December 5
• The Co-op in The Drift, Great Cornard, on December 6
• The Co-op Village Shop in High Street, Lavenham on December 21
• McColl’s in High Road, Trimley St Martin, on January 8
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 9 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
• The Co-operative Food store in High Street, Lavenham, on January 9
The pair were questioned and have since been released under investigation while the police investigation continues.
Anyone who has any information over any of the incidents should call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.