Passenger in car suffers life-changing injuries following crash in Foxhall Road, Ipswich
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A male passenger in a VW Polo suffered life-changing injuries last night after the car he was travelling in left the road and ended upside down.
The incident took place near the recycling centre in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, just after 6.30pm.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police a silver VW Polo had left the road.
He said: “There were three occupants in the vehicle, there were two walking wounded including the driver.
“One additional person was thrown from the vehicle. “They have received a suspected life-changing spinal injury and are currently being treated at Addenbrookes Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
He was flown to hospital by the air ambulance, which arrived on the scene 40 minutes after the accident.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police added that the car “flipped over” and ended upside down.
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
The road was closed between Dobbs Lane and the junction of the A12 while emergency services worked at the scene.