Malia Obama reportedly dating Rory Farquharson from Woodbridge
- Credit: AP
The daughter of former US president Barack Obama is reportedly dating a teenager from Suffolk.
Pictures have emerged online of 19-year-old Malia Obama kissing a fellow student at Harvard University in Massachusetts.
National newspapers have named Miss Obama’s potential new boyfriend as Rory Farquharson, who hails from Woodbridge where his family is thought to own a six-bed detached house worth £1.6 million.
Mr Farquharson, also 19, previously attended Rugby School in Warwickshire where he was made Head of School for the year 2015-16.
Friends from school told the Daily Mail he was “popular” and “quite a catch”, representing the institution in both rugby and golf.
You may also want to watch:
He began his studies at Harvard last year.
Staff at the Red Lion pub in Woodbridge told the Telegraph Miss Obama would be guaranteed a “warm welcome” if she came to visit with Mr Farquharson.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
They said: “Everyone is given a warm welcome here, it’d be lovely if she came.”