Malia Obama reportedly dating Rory Farquharson from Woodbridge
- Credit: AP
The daughter of former US president Barack Obama is reportedly dating a teenager from Suffolk.
Pictures have emerged online of 19-year-old Malia Obama kissing a fellow student at Harvard University in Massachusetts.
National newspapers have named Miss Obama’s potential new boyfriend as Rory Farquharson, who hails from Woodbridge where his family is thought to own a six-bed detached house worth £1.6 million.
Mr Farquharson, also 19, previously attended Rugby School in Warwickshire where he was made Head of School for the year 2015-16.
Friends from school told the Daily Mail he was “popular” and “quite a catch”, representing the institution in both rugby and golf.
You may also want to watch:
He began his studies at Harvard last year.
Staff at the Red Lion pub in Woodbridge told the Telegraph Miss Obama would be guaranteed a “warm welcome” if she came to visit with Mr Farquharson.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
They said: “Everyone is given a warm welcome here, it’d be lovely if she came.”