Man, 23, charged with murder of two people at house in Bentfield Gardens, Stansted
A man has been charged with two counts of murder following the deaths of two people in Stansted on Wednesday night.
Unemployed Brett Rogers, 23, who has no fixed address, will remain in police custody until his appearance at Chelmsford Magistrates Court later today.
Two people, a man in his 60s and a woman in her 50s, died inside the house in Bentfield Gardens.
Essex Police has confirmed the victims were not related to each other.
Officers were called to the scene just before 11pm on the night of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating the murders.
The cordon around the property will remain in place for the next few days.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
Specialist police search officers are also combing a nearby alleyway and paths around the rear of the semi-detached house.
The murder weapon has not yet been found. Initial investigations suggest the man and woman were stabbed.
However, this cannot be confirmed until post mortems have been carried out.
These are due to take place today.