Man, 78, arrested for drink-driving after serious crash in Sible Hedingham which left a motorcyclist in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A motorcycle rider was seriously injured following a road crash in north Essex.
Police were called at about 4pm on Tuesday following reports of the collision between a green Land Rover Freelander and a red Yamaha FZS 600 in Swan Street, Sible Hedingham.
The rider, a man in his 20s from Haverhill, was taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where his condition has been described as serious but not life-threatening. He is currently stable.
The road was closed until about 1am while vehicles were recovered and a police investigation was carried out.
A 78-year-old man from the Halstead area was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving causing serious injury and driving while under the influence of drink or drugs. He has since been bailed to November 7.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the collision should contact Pc Lance Hutchin at the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre