Man, 78, charged with attempted murder to appear in court in new year
- Credit: ARCHANT
A 78-year-old man charged with attempted murder following a shooting will appear at Ipswich Crown Court in the new year.
Kier Huxtable, of Stanford Road, Weeting, on the Suffolk/Norfolk border has been charged with attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Officers were called just after 7.10pm on Friday, October 11 to reports of a shooting in Pond Lane, Brandon.
A man aged in his 40s had been shot in the upper arm, sustaining non-life-threatening injuries and a man was subsequently arrested.
Huxtable was remanded in custody at a further case management hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear at the same court on January 2 for a further hearing.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival