Man accused of Crown Pools sex attacks
A man is to appear in court next week charged with sexually assaulting four young girls while they were at Crown Pools.
IPSWICH: A man is to appear in court next week charged with sexually assaulting four young girls while they were at Crown Pools.
John Marczell, of Old Norwich Road, Ipswich, was arrested in May this year after allegations were made about incidents said to have taken place on two different days at the swimming pool in Crown Street.
At the time, the 24-year-old was released on police bail pending further inquiries.
When Marczell returned to Ipswich police station on Wednesday, officers charged him with four counts of sexual touching.
You may also want to watch:
The allegations are said to have taken place over a 15-day period.
The alleged incidents are said to have occurred in April and May.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 8 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
Those in April relate to a particular day where two 12-year-old girls said they were assaulted.
The second batch of allegations are also said to have happened within the space of one day.
On this occasion the girls involved were aged ten and 11.
The first hearing of Marczell's case is due to take place next Tuesday.
He is scheduled to attend South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich at 10am.
Marczell remains on bail until then.
Ipswich police spokeswoman Louise Rosher confirmed Marczell had been charged with the alleged sex assaults.
She said: “We can confirm we have charged a man with sexual touching in relation to separate allegations by four girls at Crown Pools in Ipswich.
“The allegations relate to two separate days.”