Drivers of Audi A3 and BMW M3 in road rage drama near McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
A man was allegedly punched in the face during a road rage incident in Colchester and police are appealing for witnesses.
Officers received reports of an argument between the occupants of a grey Audi A3 and a white BMW M3 close to McDonald’s in Cowdray Avenue around 4pm on Monday, April 15.
The cars travelled to Colne Bank Avenue before both drivers stopped in traffic and got out of their vehicles.
The driver of the BMW reported he was punched in the face by the other driver.
He also reported the occupants of two black Ford Fiestas also stopped, got out of their cars before assaulting him and damaging his car.
You may also want to watch:
The Audi A3 driver also told police that he, along with his two passengers, were being threatened and intimidated ahead of the alleged assault.
Darius Laws, a councillor for Castle ward, said: “I condemn such behaviour.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-3 draw at Colchester
“Generally speaking, people in Colchester are really friendly.
“I know there is frustration on the roads around peak traffic congestion. More so, compared to an like mid Suffolk, perhaps, where some of my family live and where I know it’s a bit quieter.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Colchester police station on 101, quoting 42/59226/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.