Man alleges he was hit in face outside Liquid nightclub in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man felt his nose “explode” after he was hit in the face during an attack in an alley outside an Ipswich nightclub, it has been alleged.
Daniel Burton was being held down on the ground by 22-year-old year-old Torron Lambe when he was allegedly punched in the face by 22-year-old Rhys Wilson in an alleyway near Liquid nightclub, a retrial at Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Giving evidence Mr Burton described feeling his nose “explode” and was aware of blood coming from his nose and “going everywhere”. He was then kicked by other people and hit in the face by Lambe.
Mr Burton suffered a fractured eye socket, swelling and bruising to his face and body and a deviation to his nasal bone.
Wilson, of Bond Street, Ipswich, has denied inflicting grievous bodily harm on Mr Burton with Torron Lambe and another person in June last year.
You may also want to watch:
Joanne Eley, prosecuting told the court that Lambe, of Beatty Road, Ipswich, had admitted the charge and had also admitted assaulting one of Mr Burton’s friends. After his arrest Wilson denied assaulting anyone.
Mr Burton denied he was mistaken about Wilson being the person who punched him on the nose. The trial continues.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal