Man arrested after collision seriously injures woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a collision in Colchester in the early hours of this morning.
The collision happened just before 4am on Berechurch Hall Road and involved one vehicle, a silver Vauxhall Corsa.
The injured woman, who comes from Tiptree was taken to Colchester Hospital but has been transferred to Queen’s Hospital in Romford where her condition is described as serious but stable.
A 21-year-old man from Colchester was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs.
He is currently receiving treatment at Colchester General Hospital for injuries, which are not believed to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while forensic examinations took place and the vehicle was recovered. It reopened shortly before 10am.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident at 3.56am, sending a crew from Colchester and Tiptree to the scene.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
One woman was trapped in a car, which was on its roof. Crews stabilised the vehicle and used specialist cutting equipment to remove a door to free the casualty by 4.29am.
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact Pc Jonathan Ward at Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101.