Man arrested after knifepoint robberies in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man has been arrested following five knifepoint robberies which took place over two hours in Colchester at the weekend.
The man, from Colchester, has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and burglary following the series of incidents between 5am and 6.50am in the Hythe and New Town areas of the town on Saturday.
He remains in custody for questioning.
A 28-year-old man, who was arrested on suspicion of robbery just after 7am on Saturday, has since been released under investigation.
Following the incidents, Detective Sergeant Stuart Knight, of Colchester CID, said: “Our teams were deployed to each scene and carried out searches in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to reassure the local community that my detectives are working diligently to try and identify anyone we believe may be involved and get them off of the streets and into our custody.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One