Man arrested after fatal car collision near Stansted
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlow has been arrested after a fatal collision on the M11 near Stansted on Wednesday.
The collision happened on Wednesday morning at around 5am between junction 8 and 6.
Police shut the motorway in both directions following the collision leading to delays in the surrounding area.
A 63-year-old man from Dunmow, who was travelling on a motorbike, died.
Essex Police arrested a 37-year-old man from Harlow on Thursday on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and driving unfit through drink or drugs
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody for questioning.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season