Man arrested after mother’s disappearance ten years ago
DETECTIVES investigating the disappearance of Basildon mother Nicola Ray nearly ten years ago have arrested a man today on suspicion of murder.
Police are also searching her former home in Voysey Gardens, Basildon, while a 47-year-old man from Basildon is currently being questioned by detectives.
Mother-of-two Nicola, 29, was last seen by her friend after a night out.
She left her friend’s house at approximately 1.30am on Tuesday, May 2, 2000, to walk to her home where she lived with her fianc� who she was due to marry in August of that year.
Her family, including her daughters who were aged seven and 11 at the time of her disappearance, have not had any contact from Ms Ray.
You may also want to watch:
Despite extensive inquiries by an Essex Police Major Investigation Team, extensive media coverage in both Essex and Liverpool – where she had many friends – and enquiries and a poster campaign in Scotland, there have been no reported sightings of Ms Ray.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed